Wire ropes: handling, inspection and maintenance
This course covers the following topics:
- Stock management of steel cables
- Legislation and ISO 4309
- Handling of lifting ropes
- Installing new steel cables
- DEMAG wire tensioners
- Lifting cables inspections
- Possible damage
- Causes of wear of steel cables
- Maintenance management of steel cables
This course is aimed at mechanics with some experience in crane maintenance.
Duration of the course
- 2 hours of theory and presentation on the above topics
- 2 hours of practice in which a cable is disassembled and assembled
Each participant gets a clapper with the presentation. Each participant will also receive a certificate of participation.
Location of the course
We would like to invite your employees to follow the course at Elmec (Belfeld, the Netherlands). We have a training center and a large collection of different types of drives and other training materials. Our workshop is ideally suited for such training. Of course it is also possible to organize the training at your location.
The minimum number of participants is: 8.
The aim is to have one group of participants no larger than 12 people.