Alignment Control system
To reduce wheel wear and improve track behavior, Elmec has developed an alignment control system for both overhead cranes and gantry cranes. This system ensures that the crane moves parallel to the crane track and that the available space is evenly distributed on both sides.
- Reduced wheel wear
- Reduced track wear
- Reduced mechanical noise and vibrations
- Prevents build-up of unwanted forces
- Prevents unwanted driving behavior with unevenly distributed load
- Makes it easier to position the load
The position of the crane relative to the crane track is monitored using various sensors. The data is processed in the central controller, which in turn controls two or more frequency inverters. By means of an analysis of the stored data, a clear picture can be obtained of the track behavior of the crane.
When is the alignment control system applied
- Cranes with large spans
- If the condition or alignment of the crane track is not optimal
- If the crane is regularly operated with unevenly distributed loads
In addition to our standard solutions, we can provide custom solutions for your application. Feel free to ask one of our employees about the possibilities.